Tech Results Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you are a customer purchasing Hosted Services and/or Maintenance and Support Services, as applicable (“the Services”), please also refer to our terms and conditions, which contain further information about how we process your personal data in relation to our provision of the Services.
WHO ARE WE AND HOW TO CONTACT US?
We are Tech Results Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 12282804). You can contact us in writing at 74a Station Road East, Oxted, Surrey. RH8 0PG). You can also contact us by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any changes you make to your communication preferences will be processed by us within [two] working days of our receipt of your instruction; however, you may still receive non-essential communications in the intervening time between the submission of your change and when we process that change.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com Phone: +44 (0)20 31378711
WHAT WE WILL DO WITH INFORMATION?
- “you” refers to individuals who visit our website;
- “personal data” or “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; and
- “Services” means the Hosted Services and/or Maintenance and Support Services and any other services that we offer for purchase by customers from time to time via our website.
Privacy is very important to us. We only use personal information in a way that is fair to the person whose personal information it is. We only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we only collect personal information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep personal information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
LAWFULNESS OF OUR PROCESSING
It’s lawful for us to process personal information about you.
- Where we process personal information about you which relates to your use of our website, we ask for your consent to this in the box that pops up when you first visit our website.
- We may also use some personal information about you to contact you about the Services, where you ask us to do so by completing the “Get in Touch” form on our website or contact us by one of the other available means.
- Where doing so constitutes legitimate interest for direct marketing purposes, where you have provided us your contact details.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Who do we collect it about? We may collect and use various personal information about you when you visit our website or when you engage with us with a view to exploring our services, or when you become a customer. We also collect some information about end-users of our services.
What do we collect? We may collect and use some or all of the following types of personal information: names, email addresses, addresses, telephone numbers, preferences and usage of the Services (including when used, who used by and how used).
Where do we collect it from? We may collect the personal information from:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you complete the “Get in Touch” form on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and/or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and company name.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
ESSENTIAL USES: We need the personal information we collect to send you essential information about the Services (where you ask us to send you such information) and to help us with the operation of our website. We could give lots of examples; here are some typical examples:
- to send you information generally relevant to the Services or our website. This may include informing you about the Services (where you have asked us to send you such information);
- to respond to any queries, you raise with us;
- to provide customer support;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them; and/or
- to prevent or investigate prohibited activity.
You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data and a right to object to our processing of your personal data in this way, but if you do either of these, it may impact on your use of the website and/or we may not be able to provide you with information about the Services that you have requested us to provide to you.
For example, we may use it to send you promotional or marketing information about us, promotions, events, our newsletters (where you subscribe to receive them), anything relating to our business partners, or anything in which you show an interest. Or we may send you email feedback forms to complete about us or any aspect of the website and/or the Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THAT IS NOT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information that is not personal information is not protected by data protection law. But we would like to be open and clear with you about what we do with this information anyway.
We may anonymise data about users of our website generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of users of our website. Anonymised data is incapable of being used to identify anyone personally.
We may aggregate customer information so that it is impossible from the aggregated set of data to identify anyone personally. This sort of aggregated data is valuable to us for the purposes of analysing and understanding market trends in relation to the recommendation and purchasing of the Services. You confirm that you consent to us viewing, monitoring, collecting and recording such information input by you into our website and to our dealing with it on an aggregated basis in a manner that does not identify you or those that you represent or attribute any particular information to you or those that you represent and to us collating, compiling, reformatting, reproducing, adapting, translating, arranging, publishing, selling, distributing, dealing with or otherwise commercially exploiting any part of such information or otherwise making it available to any third party on such terms as we deem appropriate. We do stress that it is not, of course, personal data.
WHO DO WE GIVE INFORMATION TO?
Personal information: We never commercially exploit or distribute to any third party any information which is personal information. We may pass personal information to people who process data for us. We have contracts with these people and we vet them to ensure they are contractually bound to do what we say they can do with this information. When we use third parties to deal with personal data you supply to us, we will provide relevant details of that data processor.
We may share your data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it.
Non-personal information: We may commercially exploit any such information on the basis that no individuals are identified or identifiable. For example, we may supply anonymised data to third parties such as marketing companies.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. We store your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- A right to request from us access to your personal data;
- A right to request rectification of your personal data;
- A right to request erasure of your personal data;
- A right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data and a right to object to our processing of your personal data (but if you do either of these, it may impact on your use of the website and/or we may not be able to provide you with information about the Services that you have requested us to provide to you);
- A right to ask us for a copy of any personal data you have provided about yourself and to have a copy of it from us; and
- A right to lodge a complaint about how we treat your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you agree to be added to our mailing list, we will keep your personal information for that purpose unless and until you tell us that you want to unsubscribe or be removed from the list. If you advise that you do not want to be added to our mailing list or you ask to be removed, we will delete your personal data (aside from keeping a record that you have asked us not to send you marketing information).
Cookies are tiny text files which identify your computer to our server as a unique user when you visit certain pages of our website and they are stored by your internet browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to recognise your Internet Protocol address, saving you time when you visit, or want to enter information onto, the website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and/or it may restrict your use of the Services.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org or to find out about removing them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. You are advised before using such social sharing buttons that you do so at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
You are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Where you have given us consent to use your personal information in any way, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you have any queries or complaints about how we have processed your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at 74a Station Road East, Oxted, Surrey. RH8 0PG. Alternatively, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).